*ANY ILLINOIS VOTER CAN VOTE BY MAIL*
STEP 1: ARE YOU ALREADY REGISTERED TO VOTE?
- Yes: Go to STEP 2.
- No: Go to https://ova.elections.il.gov/Step0.aspx
STEP 2: BETWEEN JUNE 2020 AND OCTOBER 23, 2020
** APPLY FOR A BALLOT ONLINE WITH YOUR CITY OR COUNTY CLERK, if permitted:
- Bloomington: https://cityblm.seamlessdocs.com/f/VBMapplication1120
NOTE: If a first time voter requests voting by mail, an application may be sent to them which they return with a copy of their photo ID. After verification, a ballot would then be sent to them. LEAVE EXTRA TIME.
- Christian: https://il-christian.ballotrequest.net/
- East St. Louis: http://eslelections.org/online-absentee-voting-application-form/
- Moultrie: https://il-moultrie.ballotrequest.net/
- Rockford: https://www.voterockford.com/vote-by-mail-ballot
** PRINT OUT AND FILL OUT THIS FORM WITH A BLUE OR BLACK PEN: https://elections.il.gov/electionoperations/VotingByMail.aspx
MAKE SURE TO SIGN AND DATE THE AFFIDAVIT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE IN THE PLACE IT INDICATES.
MAIL IT TO YOUR CITY OR COUNTY ELECTION AUTHORITY. THE ADDRESS CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://elections.il.gov/ElectionOperations/ElectionAuthorities.aspx
- You will need your Drivers License #, State ID# or SSN#
STEP 3: WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR MAIL IN BALLOT, FILL IT OUT WITH A BLACK PEN.
DO NOT FOLD YOUR BALLOT.
MAKE SURE TO SIGN AND DATE THE OUTSIDE OF THE BALLOT ENVELOPE IN THE PLACE IT INDICATES.
MAIL IT BACK BY OCTOBER 31, 2020.
STEP 4: TRACK YOUR BALLOT TO MAKE SURE IT WAS RECEIVED
- Cook county:
* * *
IF YOU SEND IN A FORM AND DO NOT RECEIVE A BALLOT WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS, CONTACT YOUR COUNTY ELECTION OFFICE.
- Here's how:
IF YOU HAVE YOUR MAIL IN BALLOT BUT DIDN'T MAIL IT BACK IN TIME, DROP IT OFF IN PERSON AT YOUR ELECTION BOARD OFFICE BEFORE 3PM ON ELECTION DAY. Here are those addresses:
- In Chicago, an immediate family member can also drop it off for you at 69 W. Washington St., Sixth Floor.